Saturday, May 26, 2007

Adam's here!

Last night Jeff and I drove to Du Bois, PA to pick Adam up from the bus station. The first thing we discovered is the bus station was not where I remembered it from 5 years ago. No big deal though, we had gotten to DuBois almost an hour early, and Jeff had printed MapQuest Directions for the current location. So we went to Sheetz and asked for directions. The girl was able to tell me where the address we had from MapQuest was, but she also told me that the bus station there had burned down about a month previously, so she wasn't sure if they were still dropping off at that site. So we drove up to where she said, it was easy to find, she gave me a good landmark to look for. Unfortunately, all we found was the burned out shell of a furniture store and a bus station. I tried calling Adam, but I got to speak to his mom, because his cell phone was in Hanover. So we sat at the soccer field near the burned out bus depot until 7:30 or so, when the bus was due in. We don't know anyone living in Dubois currently, not that would use a bus anyway, to call and ask for directions. Finally it occurred to me that the police would probably know where the bus station was, so I called 411 and got connected to the non-emergency number to the Dubois Police Department. The officer was very helpful. And after a little more driving around, and following the right bus to the wrong place, because it had already dropped Adam off, we found him, and went to Hoss's for dinner. The menfolk had steak and I had crab cake and a yummy baked potato. It was neat, because I haven't been to Hoss's since Wendy and Grant's wedding.

Time to go to work now. Merry Part and Blessed Be!

No comments:

Blog Archive