Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Busy Work

I love getting paid $11 an hour to do something a monkey could do. Right now I am going through a stack of papers and putting customer's Driver's License numbers and birthdates on their accounts. Since I am not a monkey, I am doing this while listening to The Recipe and blogging.

"Captain Crunch is telling me/to take that shit less seriously/I'll serenade the moonshine/and love you through my bones" - The Recipe, Song: Bonemeal, CD: Night of the Porch People

I've got busy work to do at home tonight too, I want to do some laundry and finish the dishes. We're planning to use the deep fryer to make supper, so I want to try my new Yoga DVD before Jeff gets home to try to off-set my greasy dinner.

On my way to work this morning, I reflected on how nice it is to be awake in the morning and get to see the sunrise on my way to work. I have a better sense of time passing, the seasons changing, the Wheel turning. Every morning on my drive, that minute or two when everything is pink and golden happens a little later, and I get to see a different hillside, or group of trees, bathed in that light. And in the spring, that time will get earlier and earlier, revealing new buds on the trees and blooming flowers along the roadside. It's nice to appreciate time once in awhile instead of cursing how there never seems to be enough of it.

Merry Part and Blessed Be!

No comments:

Blog Archive