Thursday, September 28, 2006

Blogging about Blogging: Meta-blogging

In response to Grey's comment about Tuesday's Post:

Grey's comment: [ ] I never understood MySpace, I see people collecting MySpace users like ringtones on their cell phones, just don't see the point. Each to their own I guess.

"Voyeurism into other people's lives", doesn't that apply to blogs too? #grin#

My response, which was a comment until I decided it was too long:

I don't know if blogging is voyeurism. To me, it seems like an easy way to keep all my friends up to date on what's happening with me, and for me to keep up to date on them (if they update regularly). I know some people read the blogs of people they don't know, but some blogs aren't personal. There are news blogs, political blogs, etc. Those aren't any different than reading someone's web page. I think the great thing about blogging is it makes it easy for those of us who aren't programmers or don't know html to have a space on the web. Anyway, rambling a bit here. I don't feel any need to read the personal blogs of people I don't know, but I'm sure some people find it interesting. It's kind of like reality TV for the literate. So I guess it can be voyeurism, but not necessarily. MySpace feels like voyeurism, and it kind of reminds me of Pokemon. The person who collects the most wins! Wins what though, I'm not sure.

Probably not their self-respect or dignity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that "Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu" would be a good answer, but since I didn't really follow Pokemon, maybe it's not the best response hehehe. I'm glad blogger has the templates, and layouts, as the things I see on MySpace make me rush for the close button.
I like thinking of me blogging gives (some) of you an idea of what I'm up to, and I've found it's helping in my view of things, especially with all the Pagan type moot's going on.

Remember though, blogging isn't a race, or a sport you win at. If it's not something people will read, there's no point doing it for anyone other than yourself.
Would right more, but I've got to blog now to beat Suz... #grin#

Blog Archive