Tuesday, September 26, 2006

2 days in a row, can you stand it!?

I'm feeling inspired by Grey's prolific blogging. Today I was thinking about MySpace. I can see it is a useful tool for re-connecting with old friends, and unlike classmates.com, it's free. But you can become friends with anyone on myspace. Even people who you may never meet, or even exchange an email with. But they want to to have a bigger friends list, and so do you. For example, Morgan Webb from G4's X-Play is on my friends list. So is Antigone Rising, a band I like, and who's CD I own. I actually just moved Morgan to my top 8 (they are the most visible people on your friends list) But I do feel a little pretentious about it. After all, I don't really know Morgan. I think some people on MySpace just get caught up in "How many friends can I get on my friends list?" and don't actually try to connect with anyone. It encourages shallow relationships, and voyeurism into other people's lives.

Okay, gotta go download the WoW update.

Merry Part and Blessed Be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, it's called prolific blogging is it, glad it's helped (glad it makes sense #smile#). I never understood MySpace, I see people collecting MySpace users like ringtones on their cell phones, just don't see the point. Each to their own I guess.

"Voyeurism into other people's lives", doesn't that apply to blogs too? #grin#

Blog Archive