Saturday, November 19, 2005

Work makes you free

Um, no it doesn't.... I don't know who said that, but I personally think they were Crazy. I worked from 9 til 3 today, and it was insanely busy up until the last ten minutes too. And damn them, because I had lots of good web browsing to do and emails to read, and that's really hard to do when people want to buy their damn cigarettes.

Oh well. I am looking forward to Jamie and Savannah coming over to Belly Dance today. I am enjoying uninhibited use of the internet at present because Jeff is at work. I just felt like updating because I was recently reminded that people do in fact read my blog.

On Thursday night Jeff and I went to see The Elephant Man at Pitt-Bradford. It was a pretty good show, and Paul was in it. As it's his last show, it may be the last show I see for sometime, unless Dr. Ewert actually picks a script I'm interested in. Sometimes I swear he just gets a pile of the most offbeat, strange, out-there scripts he can, and then scatters them about his office and throws a lawn dart.

That being said, I did really enjoy Elephant Man. The costumes were great, once again Dr. Ewert went with a minimal set, really just a backdrop with a lot of little set pieces that could be quickly changed between scenes. It is a good story, of how John Merrick went from being a sideshow freak to being visited by the creme de la creme of London society at his home in the London Hospital. It brings up a lot of interesting thoughts about the nature of charity and definition of exhibitionism. Was Dr. Treves really trying to help Merrick, or just using him, or was it really any better to be stared at by royalty than at commoners for tuppence?

I may go a second time with Jamie if she goes back again during tomorrow's matinee.

Yesterday, Jeff and I were going to go to Erie so I could take the postal exam for that area. But with the long drive, and the weather reports, and the fact that Jeff would have had over 3 hrs in Erie to kill by himself, we decided just to stay home. We got a Ton of laundry done, and had stir fry for dinner, which was nice.

And in closing today, isn't it nice that sometimes when you are thinking about someone, they are thinking about you too?

Merry Part and Blessed Be!

No comments:

Blog Archive