Monday, August 16, 2004

Be A Goddess!

I am working through a new witchy book. The first lesson contains a prayer that I wanted to share. It does a good job summing up the way I feel about Wicca and the Goddess:

I know the laws of Nature are you, Lady
Keep me mindful that I step upon your body,
with your feet,
that my sorrows are your sorrows,
and that a healthy priestess makes all things sound.
I feel your breath in the wind, and your hand in mind
Keep my sincere
Give me to your work
which is to be joyous and to tend all things
because all things live,
of themselves
and with your spirit
Your will through mine, so mote it be.

And now I'm supposed to discuss with friends, or write about what I thought.
The second line is the thing I like best about Wicca. Everyday I feel my religion, and the Goddess around me. I can feel the earth pulse under my feet, and the wind and rain are her breath and tears and sweat. "Keep me sincere" is something that I think we all struggle for. It is hard to be honest all the time, we try to not hurt each others feelings, and sometimes do more harm that way. Sincerity is a hard quality to achieve. How often do you tell the people that you love how you really truly feel? Probably not as often as we could. "Give me your work, which is to be joyous and to tend all things" I love that the Goddess's work for me is to be happy and try to make everyone else around me happy too. Think of how great the world could be if everyone tried to make one other person really happy everyday.

Well that's all my thoughts for now, I'm at work. Just trying to get back to what my b-log was originally for, to share my thoughts on things, not just what I had for breakfast (Honey Buzzers)

Oh, another strange customer name: Tamothea Gamble. Not limerick inspiring, but it does sound like a good name for a halfling rogue.

Merry Part and Blessed Be!

No comments:

Blog Archive