Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tomorrow is the day

My 29th birthday. I got a very lovely gift from my in-laws today. Jeff got me two DVDs I really wanted, Sleeping Beauty and Wanted. Not sure how I feel about the birthday this year. Normally I love my birthday, it's the one day a year I allow myself to be a shameless attention whore. But I'm being plagued by the feeling that everyone expects me to have done more with myself by this age. It's the last year of my 20s. Time to grow up or shut up? And it's stupid, because really, I'm the only one who has to be happy with myself. And I do generally like myself, my job, my house and my life. I have the awesomest friends, fantastic family, a husband who loves me, a good job and a roof over my head.

So I guess, writing it out like that, I'm pretty damn lucky.

Bring it on 29.

Merry Part and Blessed Be

No comments:

Blog Archive