Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Reviews of my latest acquisitions

First - the new bed! The new bed is very comfortable, and I do feel like I am sleeping better already. I am having more dreams (none particularly interesting or meaningful) which indicates to me that I am getting more REM sleep. I wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready to go. I am very pleased.

Second - The Sims 2. It's dangerous, going back to an old addiction. I knew I was never really over it, it's just the new PC wouldn't run my old game very well. It was always just a matter of time before I broke down and bought the newest one. So far I have built houses for almost everyone I know in Bradford. What is strange to me is that Sims actually age and die now, so eventually I'll have generations of Sims in my little pretend Bradford. You can also build your own community lots right into your neighborhood, and I've built a little park, the Corner Bar, and Bradford Plaza. I like the Aspiration Aspect, it gives your Sims more to accomplish than just getting to the top of a career field. There are better cheats in this one too. There is the standard $1000 cheat, which is Kaching. There is also one to get $50,000 at once, which is motherlode. There have been a couple glitches that were annoying. When you are doing character creation, switching between different mouths and noses and eyes can leave your Sim ending up looking like a mask in a Halloween store rather than a person. I had a woman whose eyes dropped down almost level wtih her nose and her cheeks looked weird too. There was also a glitch when Jeff and I were raising Adam. When he transitioned from toddler to kid he was in the high chair and he got stuck. The only way to fix it was to move us out of that house and move into a new house. Which was a pain, because I had to rebuy all of our stuff. I decided to move us to a new house rather than moving back into the house I made that is laid out like our current apartment.

My next Sims 2 project is to make a sorority house for the sisters of Zeta Alpha Chi. Hilary helped me make up Sims for her and a few of her sisters when she was here last night.

Merry Part and Blessed Be!

No comments:

Blog Archive