Saturday, December 31, 2005

World of Warcraft

is a very powerful drug....

Jeff helped me start a character on his account last night, just so I could get a feel for the game before I decide to invest in a new computer, primarily for the purpose of playing it. So I made a human warrior, named Leanora. I woke up at 7:45 this morning and just now managed to pull myself away! What the hell!!?? Now it's not that I've never had a video game do this to me before (Sims - what happened to the daylight?) But I didn't expect to get hooked so quickly, especially on a game I thought I would be bad at. And I'm not great, I died a lot, but eventually someone gave me some help finishing a couple quests. (He was starting a second character and so was about the same level as me) And the controls were more like Diablo 2 than I could have hoped. So I have been having a lot of fun, despite that fact that it's 1:30 in the afternoon, I've had a nutrigrain bar so far to eat today, and frankly, friends, I do smell a little.

Anyway, I'm mainly posting this hoping that Wendy will read it and either send me her name or put my name on her friends list. I am going to get away from the computer to eat and shower, and maybe watch an episode or two of Nip/Tuck. But then I am sure that this new addiction will suck my back in. Hopefully I can pull myself away before Jeff gets home so I can start dinner.

Merry Part and Blessed Be!

Oh, and for anyone who may read this who plays WoW and doesn't already know, we're on the Eldre'Thalas server.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It can't be explained, addiction to WoW.... Only experienced. ;)

Blog Archive