Monday, May 09, 2005

Rip Van Winkle

Today I start my regular shift at Injun Enterprises, 12:30 to 9 PM. So I slept til 9 today after going to bed at 11. I feel like I've been asleep forever. I had very strange dreams about watching Hagrid fly on a giant broom through a forest towards Hogwarts. So I guess I shouldn't have been too suprised to the the link the the Goblet of Fire teaser trailer on Paul's Blog when I got on the computer this morning.

Yesterday was a really nice day. I went to West Hickory and spent the day with my Mom. She cooked a big dinner for us and for my grandparents and my great-aunt. I helped dust and ran to the store to get different odds and ends for the meal. (applesauce, milk, chicken gravy, etc) And my reward is a nice stuffed chicken breast and broccoli and cauliflower casserole to take as my lunch to work today.

Saturday I went to Bradford's Stinkfest with Jeff's parents. For the non-Bradfordians, Stinkfest is a festival all about a certain local food, the Leek. Leeks are like onions - but not really like ogres. (sorry, also listened to my Shrek 2 soundtrack a lot this weekend) I had pizza with leeks, leek dip, and stuffed mushroom, with leeks. While eating too many leeks can upset your digestion, they are interesting. There was also a good live Country band at the Stinkfest. I enjoyed spending time with Jeff's parents.

Well, I think that's all for now. I'm going to take a bath and read some more of Mirror, Mirror, the Gregory Maguire novel I got last week.

Merry Part and Blessed Be!

No comments:

Blog Archive