Sunday, June 06, 2004

28 Years

Today is my parents' 28th wedding anniversary. I think in a couple years I'll have to throw them a big party. 30th Anniversary is the Pearl Anniversary (like 25th is Silver and 50th is Gold) I'll either throw a party, or take Keely for a couple days and send them to a hotel or something. On second thought, I like that idea better. I'll save the big party for their 50th. I will be 54 years old then. And I should have children that are old enough to do the heavy lifting.

Paul, thank you for the support on the glasses thing. I guess I should remember most of my favorite people wear glasses. And they all look dignified and smart. In fact, when my Aunt Cindy was little, she once failed an eye test on purpose because she wanted glasses so she could look smarter. She also wore a pair of frames with no lenses for a while to get the same "look".

Not too much else going on. Mom and I went and checked out a karaoke machine for the reception, then decided just to get a DJ instead. She's looking for people that do both karaoke and regular DJing first though. If we can't find someone who does both for a reasonable rate, we'll just go with a normal DJ and no karaoke. I also picked up my bridesmaid dress for Jess's wedding, which I need hemmed. I knew I should have made them order a size 10! Now I need to find someone in Bradford who can alter formalwear. Before July 17th. Grr... As pleased as I am to get to be in the wedding, I'm glad most of my friends skipped or plan to skip the big wedding thing.

Well, I've rambled on long enough, and I have work to do. Merry Part and Blessed Be!

No comments:

Blog Archive